Monday, September 7, 2009

New Job - the 12 Hour Countdown

Tomorrow is my first day of work!!!! I'm scared sh-tless, but I'm buffered by therapy appointments on either side of the work day. One appointment at 8:30am and one at 6:30pm. I've been living in sweats and jeans for the last year - I'm going to have to start getting used to work clothes (which is always horrible for my body image, dressing up = feeling 20 pounds larger). But, alas, I have my outfit all picked out for tomorrow - black slacks, ballet flats, blue shirt, off-white scarf. Alarm clock set. Ready to go. Wish me luck!

Please pray/send good vibes/cross your fingers that it will turn out that I can wear jeans to work and that like my job.

Thanks.

Gotta rest up. Goodnight.

7 comments:

now.is.now said...

Kara - believe in yourself! You have all the skills you need to have a happy and successful day. You've got this :) Be calm and smile!

Caitlin said...

Good luck. You can do it - I really hope it goes well for you!

Telstaar said...

Goodluck!!!

I'm so excited for you :) I look forward to hearing all the highs and the lows of this year to come!!

*hugs* xox

Eating With Others said...

You can do it! You will be special and help! Just remember people do this all the time, and everyone at the new job want's you to work out!

Suzie Q said...

I hope you had a nice day!

lisalisa said...

new job= horay! That's cool that you have alot of support tommorrow. I hope you make some friends at work! I'll be thinking of you!

The Thrifty Book Nerd said...

I hope you have had a wonderful first day. I wish you much success!