Saturday, September 5, 2009

Faked A Migraine For You

So I met everyone that is in the Volunteer Corps on Thursday and I'm proud to announce [enter sarcasm here] that I am definitely the FATTEST one. For reals. Ugh. Not only am I the fattest one, I'm the oldest one - the other four girls that make up the Corps. are all 22. I'm so glad I'm not living in the Volunteer House with them. The house is small and stuffy and I can tell already that the girls aren't very clean. I know it sounds like I'm totally bashing them, but they seem like nice girls.

I'm a bad girl though [insert horns here]. I am currently, as we speak, skipping orientation. Orientation has been going on since Thursday night and all day Friday and Saturday, and then continues on Sunday and Monday. I was supposed to go over to the Volunteer House for a orientation meeting on safety this evening and then have dinner with the Board of the church, but I faked sick and I've been having a wonderful evening with my roommate, R, instead. We've been watching House Season Five marathon style. The orientation was just getting too stressful and most of it doesn't even apply to me because I don't live in the house - I just needed a break. I think Dr. K would approve. Although I don't know if she would approve of me faking a migraine to accomplish that, hehe.

Well, I start my internship at the rape crisis center on Tuesday - and then I will start orientation for that. Which hopefully won't nearly be as long as the Volunteer Corps orientation. I have to see if the crisis center will let me come in a little late twice a week so I can see Dr. K two mornings a week. I'll just die if we can't work something out. I'm seeing her one more time on Tuesday evening (so I can tell her about my job) and then she goes on vacay and I won't see her until September 25 -- eeek!

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

okay, so I think you're right - she wouldn't approve of how you did it, but I applaud you for recognizing what you needed, and doing it. Good work. Plus, it's all about baby steps.

I'm glad you're not in the house, too - and that you have a cool roommate that likes to watch House with you. Yea!

p.s. I think you should read Cameo's (formerly Burnett) blog - it's linked on my page - there's some info there that you might want to be aware of - just FYI

Just Eat It! said...

House > Orientation :)

I think it's good to avoid major stressors like orientation if it's not necessary. I hope they accommodate your schedule so that you can still see Dr. K in the mornings. If that doesn't work out, can you see her at a later time? Does she have other appointments?

I think therapists look at their calendars and plan the most inconvenient times to go on vacation.

lisalisa said...

Well, I totally approve of faking the migraine! Sometimes I wish i was sick so I could get a break from it all!