Thursday, September 24, 2009

Change of Pace

I'm seeing Dr. K again today, but I don't feel like talking about her right now. Instead, I'm going to share some good news:

My application to the MSW program at Catholic University was officially received in its entirety yesterday. (Yes, I've been madly checking the website every 10 minutes since Friday to see if they have received it.) That means I'll find out in 2-3 weeks from yesterday whether I have been accepted into the program. I'm really glad that the application is finally done. But I'm scared shitless about whether I'm going to get in. I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want to get in. Really, really, really. Did I mention - really? I have put all my eggs in one basket and I'm really hoping that this is going to work out. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but they already kind of are - damn it. Good things like getting into my number 1 graduate program don't happen to me. Despite this knowledge and forewarnage (is that a word?), I will be CRUSHED if I don't get in. Absolutely CRUSHED.

So everyone send prayers and good vibes my way and Catholic University's way so I'm not CRUSHED - because trust me, that won't be pretty.

4 comments:

lisalisa said...

I hope everything is going ok with Dr.K!
I will be praying for you that you get into the Catholic University. Sending acceptance vibes your way!

kristin said...

I am crossing all of my fingers and sending good vibes!!

Katherine said...

2 pieces of advice:

1. don't listen to the 2-3 week crap. almost every school i applied to took like twice as long as they claimed. THIS IS NOT AN INDICATION OF WHETHER YOU WILL GET IN.
2. this sounds cheesy but i swear it works out how it's supposed to. remember, i never even considered UNC and ended up coming even though i got into the other schools i thought i wanted to go to? and it is the perfect fit! try not to stress love. they'd be foolish not to accept you!

Katherine said...

(sorry i'm way behind on blogs... nothing like a 4 hour human development lecture to catch up though!)