Friday, September 25, 2009

3 Days in a Row And Still No Insight


I saw Dr. K again today. Wow - three days in a row. I haven't done that since high school. Ha. I don't really know what to say. But here's what I know:

- I love my job.
- I love my co-workers.
- I love being a part of the Volunteer Corps.
- I love that I have my MSW application in.
- I'm going to work.
- I am hanging out with friends.
- I'm taking my medication.

Life should be great, right? Not so much. So what's the effing problem??????? There must be one...

Because for the past week I've felt like twelve dump trucks are pouring all their sh-t on me. I'm drowning in pain and anguish. I'm on the verge of tears every moment. I feel like I'm barely holding things together. I'm going to self-destruct.

I don't know what's causing my gigantic meltdown, but it needs to stop melting ASAP, because I can't take much more of this. What's going on?? Help!! SOS!

4 comments:

lisalisa said...

Wish I had some insight I could pass on to you. Keep hanging in there!

kristin said...

That's no good. :( I hope you start to feel better. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes things can be going "right" in our lives and we can still feel overwhelmed or depressed. Your life has changed a LOT recently with the new job, all the new people you're getting to know, a totally knew schedule, your psych being out of town at pretty much the worst time possible, the new social commitments, etc. You have had a LOT going on! So yeah, even if most were positive, it's probably just completely overwhelming your brain.

And you can't rule out those wacky hormones, medications, or brain chemicals that sometimes just act out when they feel like it.

Telstaar said...

Hey Kara,

I wish I could give you some great insight into what is going on for you, but I really can't. However, it does sound like everything has been turned on its head and like Bananas pointed out, it kinda has in many respects!

It really sounds like you're feeling absolutely desperate to figure out whats going on, but you know sometimes you just gotta bunker down and weather the storm in the best way you know how, talking to people, staying in contact with people, girly movies, ice cream out of the tub with cool spoons, warm baths... all that stuff... try and be gentle and nice with yourself hunni.

*gentle hugs*
xox