Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Resolutions!


Happy New Year everyone!  Yay for a fresh start in 2009!  Everyone is talking about New Year's resolutions.  This has been a problem for me lately because I don't know what I want in life.  Currently, I don't have any goals for my life (except to lose weight, haha, I'm sure that doesn't count).  So my New Year's resolution is to make New Year's resolutions!  Here we go...

1. I know that I want to go to grad school, but I'm having trouble figuring out what program I want to do.  I know I've talked about going to law school on this blog, but I don't think I want to do that anymore.  Now I'm thinking I want to become a psychologist (my original plan since I was 15).  So my resolution is to figure out what I want to do and ASAP!

2. Once I figure out what program I want to do, I need to do it!  I need to overcome my fear of living my life.  I'm so scared to live my life that I cling to ED and use it as an excuse not to try.  

3. Not to binge/purge anymore.  I really need to keep this one!  I get into these cycles where I can't stop.  

4. Exercise healthfully - not too much and not too little.  I tend to vacillate from one extreme to the other.  

5. Get a job!

6. Once I get a job, go to work every day - no sick days unless it's totally legit.  

8 comments:

kristin said...

Those are good resolutions! I haven't fully figured out mine, yet.

Happy New Year! I wish you the best this new year! :)

Take care!

-kristin

Sarah Johnson said...

Love the cartoon AND your resolutions!!
Like you, I think a lot of us fear really living our lives. For me, I'm scared of failing, of ending up doing something I'm not passionate about, or of actually being happy (now there's a concept!!) And thus we purposely begin limiting ourselves (with whatever mechanism we love most), to avoid whatever it is about reality that we are afraid of.

So yea for resolutions that will help give us a kick in the pants and get us to face ourselves and our fears head on. I gotta get going on mine.... :)

PS I love the fleece North face jacket. I too would live in all things fleece, every day, if I could.

PTC said...

Those all sound good to me.

I don't make resolutions.

licketysplit said...

Your resolutions could be my own! lol...I've really wanted and needed to get the ball rolling with grad school for awhile but it just doesn't happen. Largely because I just can't find a passion for anything to help me decide for sure something I want to devote that much time, energy and money to. It's scary!! And even more scary is what if I go and find out I can't hack it? Icky thoughts. What I'm trying to say is... I hear you girl! And good luck!

JC said...

As soon as I read about not having any goals for life right now, I completely identified with this post. That paragraph and most of your resolutions are very much compatable with where I am at. It sounds like you spoke for a few of us at the very least, after reading the others' comments!! Anyway, happy new year, and hope your 2009 brings many wonderful blessings and that you find the answers you're looking for. :)

JC said...

Hi again! I left another comment on your last post- I meant to put it here... so pls check it out :)

brie said...

i like your resolutions. the one about grad schood and going back...and you were saying you keep ed because you're afraid of living your life...i'm beginning to let go of that, and it's so libeating. i used to think "i'm going to quit before i can fail anyway" but life is so much more amazing when you step out of that and just GO FOR IT. i'm excited for you!

xo

Gledwood said...

best of luck for 2009

;->...