Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Weddings Shows and Perhaps Changing the Name of My Blog


After traveling for 12 hours straight, I'm back from Colorado!  Home sweet home.  I stayed up until 5am last night.  I should have gone to bed much earlier than that, but there is something about being the only one up in a quiet house that I just love.  I watched a marathon of the show "Say Yes to the Dress."  I know, I know, it's a cheesy reality show about buying wedding dresses, but I'm addicted to it.  No shame here.  The picture in the beginning of my post is of the wedding store in NYC called Kleinfeld, which is where the TV show takes place.  Apparently they have over 1,600 designer dresses.  Can you believe that some people spend $30,000 on their dress?!  It's madness.    

This is my first day home and I've been able to get back into my normal eating routine, which is a big relief.  I was so scared that I would continue overeating and not be able to get back on the bandwagon since I'd been off it for so long (basically the whole month of December).  

From the poll on my blog, you have probably surmised that I'm thinking about changing the name of my blog from "Sunday Confessional" to something else.  I originally named it that because I was planning on updating my blog every Sunday, but since I post a lot more frequently than once a week I don't know if the name fits anymore.  Plus, the name might be lame in the first place.  I can't decide.  So I put the poll up on my blog to get your input - so PLEASE vote or write me a comment!  Thanks y'all.  

8 comments:

lisalisa said...

yeah, maybe change the name of the blog to something that has more to do with the content of the blog. that woulg be my vote. When i first visited your blog i thought it was going to be something religious or something like that. But now i understand the reasoning behind the name. But still, since you dont only post on sunday the name doesnt really fit anymore. BTW thankyou forr the comments and support on my blog.vi promise my blog isnt always so gritty, im just having a hard time right now. LUV JOY PEACE

JC said...

I think naming a blog is hard to do. For me it is. Sometimes people get used to the name of your blog and if you've been doing it a long time, it could be best to stick with it's original name even though your blog developed since then. Then people can still find you just as easily. Then again, your links will still be the same, so if it's called something different, it will still direct people to this (your) blog. But ultimately it's your call. Do you have another name in mind?

I was off the bandwagon all of December too. I'm pretty much back on it again and it's feeling good. :) Now for the exercise!

brie said...

toldyoutoldyou that your appetite would go back to normal! i don't want to say "i told you so," but...haha. :)

personally i like the name of your blog. i think it's pretty cool...when i think of it it reminds me of a place where you can "confess" your thoughts and be honest and stuff. seriously, it's your blog so of course do what you like most and feel comfy with, but i dig it. :)

PTC said...

I'm going to check out your poll. If you were a guy, that might sound dirty. LOL.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you survived the second 5 hour car ride. I was thinking of you :)

Naming a blog is so hard. I wanted to just start writing, but instead you have to make a decision that you might have to stick with in the url for forever. Argh! You should change it if you're having second thoughts. You can always just keep changing it until you land on something you like.

I have a question for you: are you attending the inauguration? I'm having super last minute second thoughts about not going, and I'm polling people I know to see who's attending. It would be kind of crazy to try to get airfare at this point, but I don't want to have regrets later. I still haven't made up my mind. Let me know what your plan is.

x
Nikki

Emily said...

I like the name of your blog.

DaftDragon said...

change or not change, i like the title fine, ur call. and ya, 30 g's on a dress is unholy.

kristin said...

I think you could change the name of your blog if you want to. I like the name you have now, but a new one could be nice, too.

I know what you mean about being home and being able to go back to your routine. I am nearly back to my routine and it feels so nice!

Take care!

-kristin