Saturday, January 17, 2009

How to Maintain a Healthy Level of Insanity

Thanks everyone for your support on my last post.  I was really freaking out about it.  But I've decided something.  From the title of my blog and the URL, you can tell that the theme of my blog is "confessions."  I wanted to have a blog where I could be uncensored, writing about things that I felt like I couldn't tell anyone else - true confessions, if you will.  Therefore, in the future, I'm not going to worry about what other people will think, especially since I have realized that you guys are very supportive regardless of what I write.  So thank you for your support.  I'm going to continue to be honest and real.        

Now it's still January so I feel like I can still talk about New Year's resolutions.  I saw this on a friend's blog and I thought it was so fabulous that I needed to steal it and put it on my blog. Here are some of the greatest resolutions I've ever heard of:

To Maintain a Healthy Level of Insanity:

1. At lunchtime, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hairdryer at passing cars - see if they slow down.  

2. Page yourself over the intercom.  Don't disguise your voice.  

3. Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.  

4. Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks.  Once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addiction, switch to espresso.  

5. In the memo field of all your checks, write "For Marijuana."

6. Skip down the hall instead of walking and see how many looks you get.  

7. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.   

8. Specify that your drive thru order is "To Go."

9. Sing along at the opera.  

10. Five days in advance, tell your friends that you can't attend their party because you have a headache.  

11. When the money comes out of the ATM, scream "I won! I won!"

12. When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot, yelling "Run for your lives!  They're loose!"

13. Tell your children over dinner that because of the economy, you are going to have to "let one of them go."  

Now, these are resolutions that I can stick to!

9 comments:

PTC said...

Those are funny!

Standing in the Rain said...

oh my god that's hilarious!

love it!

Anonymous said...

Haha, so funny.

JC said...

Cute! And I'm so glad you feel able to be open and honest on the blog. It's so therapeutic, hey? i love it too.!

Sadie said...

Love it. And about the collarbones, I love them. Not my own, but I look at other peoples all the time. When I buy swim suits, if they don't make my collar bones look good, I don't get the suit. I have found that halter tops are not good for anyones CB. So yeah, sign me up for the crazy ban wagon cus I'm in! I also want skinny hands. Thought I throw that out.

The Thurber's said...

Those were hillarious. I have always had a thing for collarbones as well...I just try not to look anymore :)

Wrapped up in Life said...

And I thought the firt one was funny....until I continues down your list! Seriously, I have to do the blowdryer thing....

Tiptoe said...

Kara, these are too funny! For some reason, I can actually imagine you doing all these, eh?

Yeah to insanity!

Anonymous said...

love those resolutions;D
guess i will try some:))


P.S.i do sing along at the opera sometimes:P