Saturday, January 24, 2009

Congratulations to Me!

I just got a job!!!!!  Woo hoo!  Shall I say it again? I just got a job!!!!!  And again - 

I just got a job!
I just got a job!
I just got a job!
I just got a job!
I just got a job!

Pant.  Pant.  I can't believe it!  I'm going to be helping out my neighbor with her daughter who is developmentally disabled.  I'm excited because 1. that means a paycheck (and she is paying me well)! and 2. I've had a lot of experience working with people with developmental disabilities so this is right up my alley and 3. it's part-time and flexible so I can still go to all my appointments.  I don't think I could mentally handle full-time right now anyway.  So basically... it's PERFECT!!!!! Aaaaaah, let me bask in the glory of this moment...

I JUST GOT A JOB!!!!

18 comments:

lisalisa said...

hey- congrats on your job! it sounds perfect! And bonus- no new coworkers that you have to be all fake and "chipper" around! Btw it was nice chatting with you today :)

lisalisa said...

oh and i just read your post about your evil dietitian. What a bi-atch! Maybe its time to give her the ol' heave-ho! I bet she got her degree online. Oops, no offense to any readers who got their degrees online! I think that higher education is great nomatter how you get it! Better go now...

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you!!

Sadie said...

Yeah for you!!!! Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!!!!!!!

Anna said...

congrats! you'll do great!

Just Eat It! said...

Congrats! It's great that you got a job that sounds perfect for you. :)

Reminds me that at some point I need to get off my rear and get a job...

Lisa said...

Hooray for you!

PTC said...

Wonderful!! Congrats!!!

Sarah Johnson said...

ROCK ON BABY!!!! I am SO happy for you. Honestly, so happy! :)

Zena said...

I have been reading your blog for a while and just wanted to say...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I know its been a long hard road and deserve to finally get what you so deserve!!!

Love, Z

kristin said...

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! I am so excited and happy for you! This is awesome!

I hope you enjoy your job! :)

Take care!

-kristin

Krista said...

CONGRATS! I hope you love it and it sounds like it is going to work out great!

Tiptoe said...

Congrats on the job! I know you are super excited!

ania said...

Dear Kara,

I'd like to add a "Congratulations!" as well.

I don't know if I've posted a comment before - but I know you've shared how hard you've been working to find a job that fits.

This sounds like a good match for both you and the client.

I hope everything works out just fine.

With warmth....

Sarah said...

congrats!!! I am so so happy for you!!

brie said...

gokaragokaragokara!!!

KC said...

congratafrickilations!

JC said...

Congratulations Kara! I think having that bit of structure in your life might be mentally healthy for you too. :)