Friday, January 23, 2009

Vendetta by Chanel


Cheers to doing nothing on a Friday night!  Yep, that's me.  In the prime of my life - the roaring 20s - and no plans.  Sigh.  I do have a date with my television.  My favorite show, "Say Yes to the Dress" is on tonight at 10pm on TLC.  I've been bumming lately because my DVR is broken and I haven't been able to tape any SYTTD shows.  I've missed the last several weeks!  Tragedy.  

I want to talk about nailpolish.  Growing up I never wore polish on my fingernails or my toenails.  In college, after learning some things about self-care in therapy, I decided to try out painting my toenails.  I started with subdued colors and then switched to fun, wild colors because no one would see them - it was my little secret.  

I was at my pilates session on Tuesday and noticed that my instructor, J, had the coolest nails.  They looked black, but when they hit the light I realized they were actually this awesome eggplant color.  I was in love.  So I went out and bought it and put it on my fingernails the very next day and I've been wearing it ever since.  I've been converted to fingernail polish!  Because the color can seem black, I feel kind of goth.  But weirdly, I'm okay with that.  The color is Vendetta, by Chanel.  A tad pricey, but I'm worth it, right?  :)  I've been doing a lot of retail therapy lately.  Devious grin.  Retail therapy has been the only positive coping skill I've been able to get myself to do.  I guess it can be argued that shopping isn't a positive coping skill, that it's just switching from one addiction to another.  But right now, shopping is better than the other things I want to do.  

I hope you all have a rockin' Friday night! 

[Edit: "Say Yes to the Dress" isn't on tonight!  The Miss America Pageant is on instead.  Boo hoo.  My Friday night is ruined...]


4 comments:

JC said...

Okay first of all, I shall join you on your friday night at home! I have no plans either. I feel lame, but whatever, I look forward to my tv also! I did go to the gym again today even if it was only 25 minutes, it was still the gym and I deserve a bit of couch time, I think!

Second of all, Shopping IS AMAZING therapy!!!!! This is coming from a true shopping girl of course. Good for you for having fancy nailpolish, and good for you for making yourself feel good about yourself by taking care of your appearance. I think it's perfectly healthy. My nails look awful right now. I'm in severe need of a manicure right now- all my polish is chipped.

Have a great weekend!

Lisa and Jim said...

Um, I love "Say Yes to the Dress," if only because it give my middle-class self a chance to laugh bitterly at the rich folk.

Wrapped up in Life said...

OOOOOH, we have to see a picture of your nails! I'm so jealous. I love Chanel lacquers.

KC said...

so glad you're practicing some self care! Annnd, I have this book called It's a Wonderful Lie: 24 Truths about Life in Your Twenties, and it's great.