Friday, March 6, 2009

Who's Definition of Fat?

My first GRE class on Wednesday went pretty well.  I didn't panic or anything so that's good. Almost the whole class (all two and a half hours of it) was spent taking a practice GRE so that we could get our baseline scores.  That way we know how much we've improved over the course of the class.  My score is supposed to be online today or tomorrow so we'll see how badly I did. 
  
I went to therapy this morning.  I told Dr. K about how I freaked out on Tuesday about being too fat to have an eating disorder.  I asked her if she thought I still had one.  Of course she didn't answer and we had to analyze why I asked that question instead.  Ugh.  Sometimes I hate therapists.  Even though she didn't answer my question, she did say that she didn't think I was fat so that helped a little bit.  I can never internalize it when people tell me I'm not fat, but it's still good to hear it sometimes.  It gets complicated though.  I mean, I believe that Dr. K believes that I'm not fat.  But I believe that we have different definitions of fat.  So by her definition of fat, I'm not fat, but by my definition of fat, I am fat.  And my definition is what counts.  Ha.  I don't know if that made sense at all.  But the bottom line is that I have gained X pounds since the beginning of January and me no likey.     

3 comments:

PTC said...

Don't you hate when they don't answer your questions? It's so annoying. I'm totally with ya!

Tiptoe said...

Glad to hear the GRE class wasn't too bad. Let me know how it goes. I too fear these standardized test things. Gosh, I can just imagine how poorly my score would be after not really having been in the academic world with the exception of a few online classes in oh seven years!

It drives me batty as well how therapists will dodge your questions and instead ask a question why you're even questioning it.

Wrapped up in Life said...

Egh. I hate those 'moving questions'. They always catch me pff guard and I want to clam up.

I know they are just trying to help, but...yuck.