Wednesday, March 4, 2009

T-minus...

I have to leave for my first GRE prep class in T-minus 30 minutes.  Aaah!  I'm scared.  I hope I'm not getting in over my head.  I mean, taking a GRE class isn't too difficult, per se, but I just really lack confidence in myself.  I need to think positively.  Yes!  I can do this!  Go go go!

About my last post - I'd like to say that I know that people with eating disorders can be all different sizes.  One doesn't have to be rail thin to be diagnosed with an ED.  In fact, most people aren't.  Oh, but ED definitely tricks the mind into thinking that one has to be super skinny to deserve treatment and to "qualify" as having an ED (why is it so important to qualify, anyway?).  So last post was my ED talking and I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but I really like to use this blog to express what I'm feeling at the moment, ED voice or not. 

T-minus 23 minutes... wish me luck!   

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Dude, you got this in the bag. Keep your pencils sharp and your mind open.

kristin said...

Yes! You can do it! I like your positivity! :)

I know how you feel in regards to having or not having an ED.

Good luck!

your friend, kristin

T.S.T. said...

This could be a significant confidence-booster for you, Kara. All the better that it's pretty low-stakes in the scheme of things. (I.e., if you do less well in a prep class than you'd like, it means little about your performance on the actual test, much less your future academic/professional prospects as a whole. I used to teach GRE classes, so I write with a teeny modicum of authority. The classes truly are helpful for most people, but I had plenty of brilliant students who never stopped hating the test format.)

All my best!

PTC said...

I hope it went well...

And I tell myself the same thing all the time, "I'm not thin enough to be anorexic."

Asherbie said...

Go go go!!! Good girl, go for it! You have nothing to lose! You're amazing.

The Thurber's said...

Good luck.