Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lint Roller to the Rescue!


Well, it's been a little while since I've posted.  I've either been too busy or too tired.  And sorry that I haven't been commenting on blogs either, I'll get back on track soon.  

I have just made a life-changing purchase - a lint roller.  Yes, you heard me right, a lint roller.  You know, one of those sticky rollers that picks up lint and hair off your clothes.  I wasn't sure if I needed one, but it is now 110% mandatory that I own one.  I'll tell you why:

I love my job.  I love hanging out with C and doing fun things with her (we are in the middle of a High School Musical marathon).  But I hate her dogs.  Now, I'm a dog person, but these dogs are disgusting.  They are extremely old, massively overweight white labradors.  They waddle everywhere.  They pee everywhere (yes, even inside the house, eeek).  And yes, they shed EVERYWHERE.  C's house is covered in a thick layer of white dog hair.  When the dogs brush up against my legs, they leave about 500 hairs each time.  It's gross.  Every inch of my body is covered in dog hair when I leave.  And it isn't even like it's mitigated by the fact that it's a cute dog.  Nope.  It's not cute dog hair, it's old, disgusting dog hair.  Cringe, cringe.  I've tried just brushing the dog hair off my clothes with my hands, but it's not cutting it.  I went to three stores yesterday to buy a lint roller.  And not one of those baby purse sized ones - I'm talking the massive heavy-duty kind.  So now, with lint roller in hand, I'm ready to tackle the world, one pet hair at a time.  I really wish I could go to C's house in a big plastic bubble suit, but a lint roller is going to have to due.  Le sigh.        

6 comments:

Caitlin said...

Kara, I'm SO with you . . . I HATE animal hair of any kind, and it drives me crazy when I find it on me. I'm kind of neurotic about it. My folks have an indoor dog, so sometimes I use the lint roller on the couches, cushions, EVERYWHERE.

Marilla said...

Lint rollers are fantastic! I've got three dogs, who aren't allowed in the basement which connects to the garage, so every time I leave, it's the lint roller to the rescue! I love my dogs...but the incessant shedding? I could do without it.

lisalisa said...

ewww, gross! i like dogs too, but there is a limit. No thanks to the big, ugly, hairy, smelly types!

PTC said...

Ha ha, the lint brush. Gotta love the dog hair. I always have cat hair on me, but they're my cats so it's ok. :)

kristin said...

Yeah for lint rollers!

Tiptoe said...

Kara, this post made me chuckle. I have just about every size lint roller you can think of. I liev with four dogs but really hate pet hair. I kind of have to deal with it at work, but it's so not my favorite thing. This is also why when purchasing clothing, I always ask myself if this is pet hair attractable! :grin: