Sunday, February 22, 2009

I Survived!!!!!!!!!

I survived!!!!!!!!!!  Besides having a major meltdown just minutes before the party, the actual event went pretty well.  Five people showed up around 8:30pm and we played a nice game of Apples to Apples (plug: best game ever!).  By 10:15pm, I was ready for everyone to leave, but the conversation got going again and everyone was there until 11:30pm.  Ugh - way too long.  But I'm pretty proud of myself.  I have NEVER done anything like this.  I don't host parties (I know, this can hardly qualify as a party, ha), heck, I don't even go to parties!  Social activities = major anxiety for moi.  

I think the Abilify is starting to work, but the Ambien definitely is NOT working.  Sleeping = Not happening.  

I hate the Oscars, but go Slumdog Millionaire!

I think that's all I have to report for now.  Peace out, peeps.  

  




9 comments:

Just Eat It! said...

Way to go! :)

Favorite thing I ever got in Apples to Apples: Touchy-Feely and Handcuffs. That game is the bombdigity.

Lisa said...

Oh, I'm so glad you had a good time!

Tiptoe said...

Yeah Kara! So glad to hear you got through it. Maybe I'm a bit lame but what is the apples to apples game? It does sound familiar though. Anyway, Enlighten me!

K said...

Apples to Apples is a board game where you match adjectives and nouns. Sounds lame, but it's hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you, Kara!! Good job!

Sorry the Ambien's not working Maybe you need more? I take TWO of the 12.5mg (so 25mg!) which is a lot, but anything less than that, and I can't sleep. Even with 25mg I tend to need a little Ativan added in to help. I wish I could just sleep on my own. Poo.

brie said...

Slumdog Millionaire? Is it worth watching? I couldn't believe it like won everything and I hadn't even seen it - I was bugged! My husband kept messing up when he was referring to it and kept calling it "The Millionaire Scumbag" haha.

K said...

Brie - I loved Slumdog Millionaire!

PTC said...

Glad you made it through.

Standing in the Rain said...

Yay! I'm so glad you had a good time!