Monday, April 13, 2009

When I'm Feeling Down...

I go to the F my Life website.  You gotta be selective, but sometimes it cheers me up...

"Today my boyfriend said he couldn't hang out with me because he was sick.  I went to his house anyway to surprise him with homemade soup.  I walk into his room, only to find him hooking up with my sister.  She can't drive, our mom drove her there.  FML."

"Today I saw an elderly man fall into a crosswalk, so I jumped off my bike to help.  As I helped him across, the light turned green.  At that point I noticed that my phone had fallen out of my pocket in the street and was run over by several cars.  I then watched across a 6 lane street as someone stole my bike.  FML."

"Today before a big formal banquet, I went tanning because I wanted to look good in my cocktail dress.  I got out of the tanning bed only to realize that I left my socks on.  FML." 

Helps me put things in perspective.  Maybe my life isn't so bad...  :)

Is it wrong that it cheers me up...?  

I can't decide.    





    

11 comments:

Just Eat It! said...

I love FML! It feels kind of wrong how much I laugh at the misfortunate expense of other people, but sometimes it's just so hilarious.

Telstaar said...

My theory - if someone is "okay" as in not physically or emotionally injured then its fine to laugh. In this sense, they posted them there so I think its fine to laugh :). Laughing is good and fun, I like to laugh :). I'm glad it cheered you up a little!!! xoxox

Lisa said...

Schadenfreude. It would be the Next Big Thing, but it's been The Big Thing already for so long.

Yep, I love FML too.

kristin said...

I love FML. I find some of it funny, but some of it is sad. I don't think it is wrong to get a laugh out of the funny ones.

Standing in the Rain said...

noope i totally am addicted to that site right now. absolute hilarity. without having to do something stupid yourself.

enjoy it.

lisalisa said...

these are so funny especially the last one! I have never heard of this site; i will have to check it out!

PTC said...

Not at all! I agree with Telstaar.

Jackie said...

Ha ha I love it. It does help put perspective on our own lives huh? And I can't help but smile (even if that is wrong)! You need laughter and humor to take your mind off the GRE! :)

JC said...

I've never been to that website, but that's hilarious!

Katherine said...

oh man, my friend re-introduced me to FML a couple of weeks ago and i forgot how funny it is. I LOVE IT!!! if those people are comfortable posting these stories, then my theory is that they aren't that emotionally/permanently scarred and therefore are able to laugh at themselves so we can too. haha

Sarah Johnson said...

I love it. I agree with the other comments. Sometimes it's just what we need to put our own FML's into perspective.