Monday, April 6, 2009

25


I turned 25 in February.  Here are 25 things I want to do this year (even though I want to write "LOSE WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!" for every single one, I'm going to try to make this non-ED related):

1. Take the GRE and whatever standardized test I need to and get reasonably good scores.  
2. Apply to grad school.
3. Move out of my parent's house.
4. Reach 100 blog posts.
5. Buy a plant and take care of it all by myself (and not kill it!).  
6. Learn how to handle raw chicken so I can cook it without throwing up because of the grossness factor (come on, you all know what I mean!).
7. Get a full-time job.
8. Hopefully like my full-time job.  
9. Go visit friends from my mission in Colorado.
10. Not be so scared of guys!
11. Be comfortable enough with myself to start dating someone (assuming anyone would want to date me).  
12. Go to church consistently every week.
13. Start volunteering at the temple. 
14. Overcome my fears and take a dance class (I've been wanting to do this for yeeeears, but have been too embarrassed - this is the year, baby!).
15. Be able to afford to go to a Taylor Swift concert! (The cheapest tickets for the concert in June in my area are $91!!!  And that's for the back of the lawn - um, rip off!)
16. Read the following books:
- The Shack by WM Paul Young
- The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
- The Body Myth by Margo Maine
- Jesus The Christ by James E. Talmage
17. Discover a new book series (I'm still mourning the end of Harry Potter and Twilight).  Any suggestions???
18. Learn how to put on make-up and start wearing it. (Right now the only make-up I wear is mascara and I don't even wear it 95% of the time.)
19. Stop watching trashy TV... and do something more productive with my time.
20. Exercise on a regular basis.
21. Get a cat (I'll have to move out first.)
22. Pay my bills without parental assistance.
23. Stop reading magazines like "People" and "Us" (yes, I'm guilty of this, oh the shame, the shame...)
24. Learn how to wear my hair down and actually do it!  (I wear a ponytail or bun 24/7).
25. Start allowing myself to like myself.  (This is a BIG one.)

How old are you and what things do you want to do this year?  If you don't want to confess your age and wisdom, you can just make a list.  I tag:

- JB
- PTC
- Kristin


[Edit: I just re-read this list once I posted it on my blog and got reeeeally overwhelmed.  This is A LOT to do in a year!  I'm just going to tell myself that all I can do is try and not overwhelm myself. ]

12 comments:

PTC said...

#6...I TOTALLY GET YA. I ONLY eat chicken if my mom cooks it. She butterflies the boneless, skinless breast for me and cuts out all the "yuckies." Even then, I still find gross things to pick at, it this started WAY before my ED.

kristin said...

I think that's a good list. I can totally relate to number 5! I have horrible luck with plants!

Oh, and, I posted my own list on my blog! You can go check it out! Thanks for tagging me!

your friend, kristin

licketysplit said...

I can totally understand how it would be overwhelming for you. Just remember, ANY progress is reason to rejoice! Life is hard work! :) I think those sound like awesome goals, I just might steal this idea from you ;)

Telstaar said...

That's a very cool list. Remember you have 365 days (thereabouts) to achieve them and not everything needs to happen at once. Also some of the things will probably go together a bit like learning to use makeup might inspire wearing yr hair down sometimes etc. And when you start to like who you are more, you might feel more confident about the makeup etc etc...

You can do it! Just one point at a time :D.

Cheering you on miss!

Just Eat It! said...

I can relate to so many things on this list! I hope that you'll take a dance class; it sounds like fun! I wish I could recommend a good book series, but I'm still on the search myself.

Kim said...

Love the list :) Birthdays are a great time for reflection and all that. I'm a big list person. Keeps me focused :)

Sarah Johnson said...

Let's be able to afford a Taylor Swift concert together okay? I fully support # 10 and 11 as well....you know what i'm talkin' bout!! :)

And if it's any consolation, i'm usually always a mascara only person. Just this year I started to branch out...and you know what? it's kinda fun and not so bad now that i'm getting the hang of it. A little makeup really can go a long way.

Oh, and indulge yourself once in a while in trashy tv. Tis good for the soul on certain occasions!!!

Love the list... yay!

Wrapped up in Life said...

I think it's a great list - and I bet you'll be surprised by what you can accomplish in one year.

lisalisa said...

hmm...on #6, maybe try starting with frozen chicken breasts and putting them in a crock-pot. Or did you know you can put frozen chicken breasts in the oven and bake them just like that? That might help ease you into it. Oh, and the magazines- my big weakness is the fitness mags. Also not healthy.

PTC said...

FYI, I think Twitter is ridiculously stupid.

PTC said...

I'll get to this when i think of anything...

Heather said...

Good list. just take one and work on them that way. You can do. I know you can. You have a lot of people cheering you on.