Thursday, April 16, 2009

Jumping For Recovery!

We did this on a camping trip while at my last treatment center.  I'm in the red shorts, deciding if I'm going to jump or not.  This is very symbolic of where I am in recovery right now: not sure if I want to do it or not - standing on that edge.  For example, I went to see the dietitian today for the first time in a month.  After much blabbing on by my dietitian, in the last 5 minutes of  the session I said that I might sorta kinda wanna maybe try a meal plan.  (My Tx team has been wanting me to do this for a while.)  Although, I said that the meal plan had to be so I could still lose weight.  J said maybe we could compromise and that we should set up another appointment to talk about it.  We set up an appointment for next week.  I'm already thinking about canceling...

15 comments:

Zena said...

I hear you..i am right where you are..I am willing to follow a MP if only it will lead to wieght loss

Love, Z

PTC said...

I get that, Kara. I say just dive right in!! There's part of you that wants it, you're just scared.

Kristina said...

I love the photo!
As others have said, it's scary and risky, but it's so worth it.

Kim said...

Love the photo :)

I think with recovery there is more anxiety leading up to the jump. Once you're in the water, I think there's total peace :) That's what I'm hoping, anyway.

brie said...

Jump, Girl, it's so worth it! As someone who has jumped, and is still in the air: trust me, it's worth it. :)

Tiptoe said...

Here's how I look at it: what do you have to lose at this point? Is what you're doing now working for you? Okay, this sound so "Dr. Philish" which isn't my intention, just that there can be some great things on the other side. But you'll never know if you don't risk it.

Telstaar said...

Hey Kara,

I say, "give it a go!" I mean, if you're finding aspects of it too hard, then you can modify it at a later date with the help of the dietician, but isn't it worth a try to see how you find it????

Maybe at least just start by taking the first step of showing up to the appointment :). Then you can talk more about it with the dietcian and see what happens!!!

And, it's so cool that you told her you were considering it! That takes guts!

Telle xox

Marilla said...

So, yes. A MP is SCARY.

But, as Tiptoe said, "Is what you're doing right now working for you?"

Dr. Phil-ish or not, it's a valid question.

lisalisa said...

i pretty much agree with what others have said; what have you got to lose? It's natural to be scared of something new, but new can be exciting, too!

Just Eat It! said...

I saw go for it! The jump is always scary, but hitting the water is fun.

Asherbie said...

Take the jump, girl. You got this.

kristin said...

I love the photo.

Jumping is scary, but it might be worth it.

love, kristin

Sadie said...

I love this picture! And I'm a huge fan of Fiber One. And I'm a huge fan of you.

Jackie said...

Loved the post - expressed what many of us are feeling. Not quite ready to jump...but when we do, it will be so worth it.

Love you. xoxo

Whitney said...

So much of the time I feel the same way! Hang in there and know that I am thinking of you!

Love Always,

Whit

P.S. I've jumped off that very cliff with CFC...It was a blast!