Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Sighting

Okay, total freak out at church today:

At the end of sacrament meeting the bishop always has the visitors and newcomers stand up and introduce themselves.  Today I was only paying half-attention when across the aisle in the middle of the church, a girl stands up to introduce her friend who is visiting for the weekend.  I was about to stop paying attention when the friend who she was introducing stood up.... 

HOLY SHIZ, IT'S STAFF MEMBER FROM MY LAST TREATMENT CENTER!!!!!!!

I'm 1500 miles away from The Center and I see a staff member from there, at church of all places - what are the odds of that???  Geez, I guess I can't get far enough away from that place. 

I freaked out and as soon as it was possible to leave under the radar, I did.  I mean, ASAP. 

Um yeah, total freak out.    

  

9 comments:

Just Eat It! said...

That's so weird! I thought it was weird enough when staff members from treatment friend requested me on Facebook.

kristin said...

It's a small world. Last year when I was home on break, I saw my former jr high's school counselor at the grocery store. Awkward! I ran away quick!

Have a good Easter! :)

your friend, kristin

lisalisa said...

Scary! i take it she wasn't one of your faves at the CFC? ;)

rachel ramsay said...

i'm curious who it was.....

Sarah Johnson said...

oh kara!!! haha, funny in a scary kinda way :( even funnier that she is my CUZ! ALl my folks are having easter dinner with her family tonight (REALLY small world). I finally made the connection when I remembered what her line of work was back in Provo....so sorry. it's ok if she wasn't one of your fav's!! i woulda run outta the building... :)

Whitney said...

Super curious about who it was :)

K said...

I don't want to put her name out on the web, but her initials are T.F. She was a supervisor on the day shift when I was there. E-mail me if you can't figure it out.

brie said...

WEird weird weird! I'm not sure if I know who it was...but I might...

PTC said...

WEIRD!! What are the chances!?