Sunday, August 30, 2009

Are You Ready To Give Up the Drama???

I was on Facebook and I found this - the epitome of recovery:



Seeing this quote made me start thinking about all the drama there is in ED treatment centers, then how there is so much drama with EDs in general. There is a lot of drama in my life because of my relationship with ED. Even though it makes me miserable, I kinda thrive on it (does anyone get this??). I don't know if I want to give up all the ups and downs and just have a normal, boring life. Part of me likes being depressed and sad. It's comfortable - the drama is comfortable. I've been making some breakthroughs in therapy with ED though and maybe this will be my next one - Are you ready to give up the drama, Kara?


6 comments:

now.is.now said...

I feel the same way sometimes.

Zena said...

Im with you...I thrive in choas...I am trying to learn to live a "normal" life...but its hard...very hard...

Love, Z

Eating With Others said...

I want a normal life. The people that I know that seem normal are the one's that laugh and find the good through all the bad. This allowes them function and not get crushed by the bad. I don't know where my drama came from but I know that make's me miss out on so much happiness that it's just not worth it. I would give a lot to see it go away and that's what I'm working toward.

Normal doesn't have to boring. And I don't think that's what you ment. For me this is all I remember or know. Steping out of it is so huge that I'm paralized. I don't want to try something different yet I want this to be over. But it is almost like I'm too scared to move.

Anonymous said...

Too much drama for your mama!

I like to say that. I try to avoid drama. I love what the quote says. It's good for everyone (EVERYONE!) to read that!

lisalisa said...

ugh, I hear ya! When things in my life are nice and quiet I get this wierd, uneasy feeling.

It's hard when you don't know how to live any other way.

i'm thinking about finding "healthy" drama in my life. Like, doing crazy art or possibly joining a boxing club.

Sarah Johnson said...

i totally get it. it seems like after i start doing really well for a little while, or a long while, i get uneasy b/c i think something bad must be looming...or i subconsiously need to 'shake things up again' to appreciate the good that i have. it's so bizarre that we would actually take ourselves back into the bad place willingly. but we do.

i'm all for giving up the drama and finding a sustaiable normality where i'm okay letting myself thrive.