Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Food, Inc.

I was supposed to work today, but C wasn't feeling well so I got the day off. A really great childhood friend is in town this week so it worked out well that I got to spend some more time with her. This afternoon we went to see the movie, Food Inc. I have three words:

DON'T SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was really interesting, but it was also really:

Gross
Disturbing
Disheartening
Traumatic
Nauseating
Gruesome

and just plain

NASTY.

Warning: If you have any issues with food or have a light stomach, then DON'T see this movie. It's very interesting, but so not worth it.

6 comments:

Telstaar said...

Oh boy!

You know how someone says, "Whatever you do, DON'T turn around..." because there is like a spider above your head? Or when you see a train wreck and you CAN'T turn away from it...

I haven't seen this movie but seriously those are the kind of thoughts I have now!!! LOL! Lets just hope I go, "Oh yeah, I remember something about that, it wasn't good or something..." When it comes out so I don't see it! hehehe.

Seriously though, its GOOD to have some warning about these things.

YAY for good friends :)

xoxo

Just Eat It! said...

I can never watch movies like that. They make me want to be a vegetarian and I know that it wouldn't be healthy for me at the present time. Heck, I had a hard time watching Supersize Me and they used cartoons.

Kristina said...

I heard an interview with Michael Pollan, and while I appreciate SO much of what he has said and written, I don't plan on watching the movie. And I enjoy eating meat, despite knowing that there are all sorts of horrible issues involved. I do like knowing rather than being totally naive, but I don't need full disclosure, I suppose.

brie said...

ooh yuck, yeah i couldn't see that one. i love animals too much, and eating's already not the easiest thing anyway, haha...

thanks for the warning!

PTC said...

I guess I definitely won't see that movie, not like I ever go to the movies.

lisalisa said...

hmm, now I'm curious to see it! But actually, I have read alot about the food industry and all about slaughter houses and stuff like that, so I have already been scarred for life. But I still eat McDonalds, so it's all good!