Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pics From California Trip

Well, I've finally gotten my act together and uploaded onto my computer my pictures from Northern Cali with JB. I could gush and gush and gush for an entire post about what an amazing trip I had... and maybe I will. I'm going to show mostly pictures though. Before the pictures begin, just let me reiterate that JB ROCKS! She is cooler than the other side of the pillow. Yay for blogger friends turned real friends! I know JB and I are going to be life-ers. Thanks JB for showing me around!




The thing I wanted to see most in Northern California was the Golden Gate Bridge. It's still surreal to me that I actually saw it. I don't know why it holds so much fascination for me, but I loves it. The south end of the bridge view was covered with fog, but luckily there was some breaks in the fog on the north end and I got to snap some photos. (I was a little snap happy on the bridge, hehe - but I'll spare you and only post a few).




JB and I walked out onto the bridge pretty far. It was windy and cold, but we are troopers. Here are our feet - aren't our shoes cute? JB (blue shoes) is clearly more daring than I was in terms of how how far through the bridge we put our feet. I was a wimp. But to give myself some credit, I was juggling the camera and trying to get a good shot without throwing my camera into the water. I've got skillz.




Here is a shot of the bay from the Golden Gate bridge. The water was a pretty greenish blue. It was fabulous! Let's play eye-spy - can you find the flying blimp in the picture?




Next stop on our trip after the Golden Gate, was going to Muir Woods and seeing the redwood and sequoia trees. I decided to throw in a picture of myself, but it might not be up for long.




This was the most important thing I learned at Muir Woods - this was a real sign. Don't disturb the bark, yo!!!

More realizations, besides not disturbing the bark, from California are to come!

4 comments:

licketysplit said...

I went to SF a few months ago and Muir Woods was one of my favorite parts. It's pretty sweet! Glad you had a fun trip!

Telstaar said...

Am so so glad you had an awesome time! Thanks for posting the pics and don't you dare take the one of you down missy!!! *mwah*

lisalisa said...

Dont disturb the bark???? Too funny! The pic of the bridge in the fog is just beautiful!

kristin said...

Sounds like such a wonderful trip! I'm glad you had such an amazing time! I love the pics, too! Very pretty!