Monday, May 11, 2009

You Aren't Going to Believe This...

Guess what????!!!!!  

I'm off the waitlist and got into the Volunteer Corps!!!!!  

I got in, I got in, I got in!!!!!!!  I can't believe it.  I had totally given up hope.  

The only catch is that I'm not going to get housing.  They made an extra spot for me in the Corps, but there is no more space in the volunteer house.  That's a bummer, but hopefully I'll still be able to move out of parent's house.  I'd looooooooove to get a studio and live by myself.  I'm sick of roommates.  Hopefully something will work out.    

The good news is that I got my first choice for agencies to work for - I'm going to be working at the rape crisis center.  I'm psyched.  (To clarify: Right now I volunteer for them, but because of the Volunteer Corps, I'll be able to work for them full-time in the continuing education department.)  The job doesn't start until September, but it will be for a full year. (Yay for job security!) Then hopefully I'll be off to grad school!

I keep vacillating between being excited and being totally overwhelmed and anxious.   

I hope I can handle this.... 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats!!!! that is so exciting!
things always seem to work out in the end. i am so happy for you!

and as far as being a little nervous - i think that is normal ... but i have no doubt you will be wonderful! you seem so passionate about it, and that is the first and most important step in doing a job well.

congrats again!

licketysplit said...

congrats! i'm so excited for you! Yea!

Anonymous said...

WOW. that's amazing! what a boon. :) is it a paid gig?

K said...

iheartsquash - yeah, I get a small stipend, insurance, and money for transportation.

Telstaar said...

Oh my gosh girl! After all the work and HEART you've put into this position, you can handle it! I'm quite sure there are gonna be times of overwhelmingness and enormity and MANY tears, but you're gonna make it to the end of the year. You're GOING to do it! (Lol even if I end up coming and dragging yr butt to work each morning! :P)

You CAN and ARE doing this Kara! One of your dreams is becoming a reality.

We'll be here to cheer for you in the good times and cheer you up, wipe of scraped knees and provide gentle hugs in the sad times. You're not alone in this!

Always
Telly xo

lisalisa said...

YAY! That's so cool! Thank you for sharing this with all of us- it's so great to hear good news once in a while! Sure beats that frozen yogurt place, huh?

Sarah Johnson said...

YEEEESSSSSS! See???? Good things are happening to you right now...and you are SO deserving of them all. I say let's focus on being excited and happy!!! Leave the anxious stuff for later.. :)

PTC said...

YAY!! Congrats!!! Totally normal to be nervous.

Jackie said...

WOOHOO!!!! I am so freaking happy for you! It might be overwhelming at first but you will get the hang of it. What a wonderful opportunity and it couldn't have been given to a more deserving person. Love you lots and lots.

xoxo

P.S. Thanks for the e-mail about my last post, I appreciate it :)

Krista said...

Congratulations! You deserve this job and I am so happy for you.

Lisa and Jim said...

Hooray for you! Oh, you must feel so relieved!

Heather said...

Yay!! Congratulations. I am so happy for you.

kristin said...

Congratulations! :)

Kevin & Rhiannon said...

Congratulations! That's so awesome!

Katherine said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! This is AWESOME NEWS Kara! I'm so excited for you! Maybe this will be your chance before grad school to get everything to a managable level and figure out your exact passion or the parts you like and dont like in order to make the best decision for grad school. seize this opportunity to be super proud of yourself and take the chance to practice taking care of you. I LOVE YOU AND AM SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!

Sunnydaes said...

CONGRATS! Super happy for you. I know how much you have wanted this. I hope it will be a wonderful experience for you.