Saturday, May 30, 2009

Good Tidings of Great Joy!

I've lived with my parents for the last nine months and guess what...

I'm finally moving out of my parent's house!!! 

I just went to check out an apartment today and I fell in love with it.  Here's why:

1. The rent is cheap and affordable.
2. No security deposit.
3. Living with one other girl and she is really nice and clean and goes to my church.
4. Hardwood floors, baby!
5. A big bedroom for me (bigger than my current bedroom at home).
6. Gigantic closet in my room for clothes.  
7. 5 minute walk to and from the Metro.
8. Lots of parking.  
9. Right by a beautiful park.
10. New appliances in the kitchen (including a must-have dishwasher).    
11. 15 minutes drive from my parents' house.
12. 5 minute drive from Target - the best store in the whole world.  And it's a Super Target no less.  

Bottomline:  IT'S  RIDICULOUSLY PERFECT!!!

I'm not sure when I'm going to move in.  The earliest I can move in is next Saturday, June 6th.  But I'm taking the GRE on June 9th, so I can't decide whether I want to wait until after I take the GRE or not.  Maybe I should just go for it, it's already been nine months too long...  

19 comments:

JC said...

Wow, Congratulations! That's a total score! Good luck with the transition! :)

Caitlin said...

Congrats! That's awesome!!! I'm so excited for you - and wish I was there, too (moving, that is).

Post photos when you can.

now.is.now said...

Exciting! Congratulations!

lisalisa said...

that sounds so incredibly perfect! I'm psyched for you and can't wait to hear about how the move goes! I love hardwood floors, too. One thing that i hate about my place is that it has carpet evaerywhere, even the kitchen and bathroom! Gross, right! Is the roomate in your ward, too? Then you could even carpool to church!

lisalisa said...

duh she would be in your ward once you are living together! Maybe i should put down the diet soda and go drink some water or something....

licketysplit said...

SO exciting! Sounds like an awesome find. I moved out of my parents house a little over a year ago after living there for a YEAR and it verrrrry nearly killed me! I now get along much better with my parents :)

licketysplit said...

Just to clarify- the living with my parents nearly killed me, not the moving out. The moving out was great :)

Just Eat It! said...

Wow, that sounds fantastic! You can't beat a prime location near the Metro with DC traffic.

PTC said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

Lisa and Jim said...

FIVE MINUTE WALK TO THE METRO???? That's going to be wonderful. Hooray!

kristin said...

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!

Tiptoe said...

Sounds like a great place. I'm so hoping my next place has hardwood floors.

My vote for moving is to wait after the GRE. Even though moving can be exciting, it is still stressful and takes time.

Asherbie said...

Yay Kara! What an exciting step! Congratulations!

brie said...

Yay K! So happy this is working out!

eden said...

that sounds great!

Krista said...

Sounds SWEET! Take some pics so we can get a virtual tour of it!

Telstaar said...

Whoo hoo!! thats so exciting :) Congratulations :) xox

Keely said...

Yay! I'm excited for you! Not to mention envious of your large room and close proximity to super target... :)

Standing in the Rain said...

yay! so exciting! congrats! i, too, have been in my parents house for the past almost year...i say go girl, get out whilst you can!