Thursday, May 7, 2009

Inkling of Hope?

So there is a potential inkling of hope with the Volunteer Corps thing.  The tiniest, iota-sized particle of hope...

L, one of the ladies on the Board of Directors, called me today and this is how the conversation went:

L: Hi Kara!  SorryI'vebeensickandhaven'tgottenbacktoyoublahblahblahblahblahblah... (yes, she is one of those uninterruptable, fast-talking elderly crazies, but I will refrain from omitting spaces from now on because that's annoying) 

L Continues: We are still deciding some things and trying to figure things out.  But I wanted to ask you a question about an opportunity that I forgot to mention last time...

Me (thinks): Great, another "opportunity" -- like when she said that I was waitlisted for the Volunteer Corps, but that I could move to Arizona and work with a different church - after explicitly telling her I didn't want to move, much less 2,000 miles away.  Basically - not getting my hopes up.

L: Would you be willing to be a part of the Volunteer Corps, but just not live in the house with the Volunteer Corps?

Me: Yes!!!  

L: Okay, just wanted to know that.  This doesn't mean anything or anything, we are just asking questions (translation: don't get your hopes up).  Talk to you later, bye.

I wish I could have expressed to her just how much that would be okay with me, but I couldn't get a word in edgewise.  So I just have to hope....

Wait - Okay, so I know I'm not supposed to get my hopes up.... but how can they not be raised just a little bit???  Now there is an iota of a chance that I will might be able to work in my dream job at the Rape Crisis Center (yes, I know I'm volunteering there right now, but through the Volunteer Corps, I might be able to work there).  I can worry about housing later. 

So now there is just a little hope.... 

5 comments:

Heather said...

Good Luck, Kara. It will all work out in the end.

Telstaar said...

Oh hun! That's so exciting!

Screw not getting yr hopes up. The reality is, your hope is through the ceiling and well into the sky already and you may as well enjoy the excitement of it because you'll get yr dream YAY, OR you'll come crashing to earth... IF you come crashing to earth, at least you can enjoy being in the sky to begin with rather than freaking out abotu the fact that you're in the sky...

Oh my I changed to metaphor there :S. I hope I made some sense!

Goodluck hun!! xoxoxo

K said...

Telstaar - made total sense. Thank you.

kristin said...

Good luck, Kara! I really hope that this opportunity works out for you! I'm crossing my fingers and saying lots of prayers!

lisalisa said...

That would be so awesome if you could get that job! I hope you do! I'll be sending positive vibes your way!