Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's Time for an Update

Sorry to leave you all hanging since Saturday. It has been a crazy week of feeling like brain matter being spewed all over the place. Good news: I'm not fired!!!! But not so fast, I still don't think I can handle my job full-time. I love it, but it's just too much for me. The job is inherently stressful, but with all my overwhelming emotional suckage I feel like I'm trying to do it with a bunch of rocks in my backpack weighing me down. Ideally I want to go part time, but my boss has told me that that's impossible. At the much anticipated meeting on Tuesday, I learned that the only option is to go to 4 days a week for 30 days and after those 30 days are up I either have to go back to full-time or quit. The major catch being that those 30 days of part-time aren't going to start until they find someone to cover my other clubs - which could be weeks. I need relief NOW, not 3 weeks from now. So, not exactly ideal. Sigh. Hopefully I can make it going full-time until the 4 days a week can start. I really do love my job, I just wish I wouldn't have crying fits at my desk and panic attacks on the bus. I need some coping skills - rephrase: I need to use my coping skills. In the moment though it's soooooo hard, I just give into the overwhelming cacophony of pain, depression, anxiety, and sadness.

Enough about my job.

Oh yeah, and before I go.....

I found out I got into my number one grad school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Catholic University MSW program starting Fall 2010, baby! Woot Woot! (I guess baraging them with phone calls every week to know the status of my application paid off, hehe.)

8 comments:

Caitlin said...

Good luck with the "hang time" - but you CAN do it.

AND

CONGRATS on grad school! That's awesome!

kristin said...

I really hope that you can use your coping skills and find some relief with your job.

Congratulations on your acceptance! I am so happy for you! :)

Telstaar said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's awesome re MSW hun!!! Very very happy for you :).

Sorry that life with work is so stressful right now. I hope that someone is able to help fill in and that even working one day less will really help relieve some of the anxiety and stress around it. I also hope that somehow they find a way to do that longer term which woudl be great.

Thinking of you xo

Alexandra Rising said...

Congrats on the grad school! What a good feeling!!

eden said...

congratulations! that's awesome!

Heather said...

Congratulations. Just keep trying and who knows, maybe you'll make it through the 30 days and realize you can do it. Good luck.

Tiptoe said...

Congratulations on getting into grad school! That is so exciting!

Hope the rest of your life settles down soon. Sounds like a lot has been going on. Just do what you need to do.

Jackie said...

CONGRATULATIONS HONEY!!!!!!!! That is so freaking exciting!!