Saturday, October 17, 2009

Bad Day

Reasons why today sucked:

1. It was really rainy and cold and I left my umbrella at home, even knowing I'd be traipsing all over the city.
2. The train was late and slooooow so I had to haul ass to get the bus. (I hate buses, they make me motion sick, so the fact that I even had to get on a bus TWICE today sucked).
3. My letter from Catholic University was supposed to come this week - it's Friday already - so it obviously didn't come. I just need to know if I got in!!!!
4. My boss is seeing me stressing out at work and is worrying I'm not going to be able to handle this job (personal life leaking into professional life, not good) and we had "a talk." It involved mucho crying from me.

And last but definitely not least...
5. I found out today that I might be fired on Tuesday.

Yeah, it was a bad day.

6 comments:

Sarah Johnson said...

Kara. I miss you! I'm sorry today sucked so bad. And all the crappy, gloomy rain doesn't help any situation. And having a bunch of unknowns in the air is totally unsettling, I know. I've been thinking about ya...let's make a point to hang out soon.

(ps: I haven't heard back from Tiff about sunday, so I assume it's a no-go. tough case to crack!)

hopefully i'll see you on sunday if your sched permits...i hope so!!

oh,and yes...it's 2:30 am. some things never change:)

Suzie Q said...

I'm sorr your day was awful. I hope things turn out positive for you.

simply me said...

i am so sorry! it sounds like a miserable day.

kristin said...

Oh Kara I am so so sorry! I hope things are better for you next week. If you ever need to talk, I am here for you. Feel free to call or text.

Take care, Kara. I'm sending some positive vibes your way.

love, kristin

Anonymous said...

I know we talk all the time on IM but I've decided that shouldn't be a reason not to comment, you know?

I'm very sorry that this is happening. It's really sad. You loved your job at first. I'm sorry that it's being so mangled by depression and stuff.

No one knows what is going to happen, but I hope that whatever it is, it is for the best. IF you lose your job, try to see some positives. It's so hard at first, but you might look back and say, "thank god that happened." I know that when I got laid off from Y in 2001, I took it really personally and it really screwed me up... but look where I ended up. Totally better situation all-around. And that year that I was unemployed, while very hard, was a period of tremendous growth for me. I'm GLAD it happened. Funny how that is, huh? But it's so true.

(I still think they're dicks but hah, they're not doing so well anyway and as I pass their offices on a regular basis I do let out an evil little giggle.) :)

Telstaar said...

Hey Hunni,

Just wondering how things went on Tuesday and how you're feeling now??

Thinking of and praying for you!

xo