Thursday, January 21, 2010

You Know Your Life Sucks When...

  • Reading the new FMLs is the highlight of your day.
  • You don't even have an ounce of fun on your mid-week day off.
  • It's your turn to make dinner and you're such a sh-tty cook that you are dreading screwing up baked potatoes.
  • You try to poop and only rock hard pellets come out - ouch.
  • You are finally ready to change your life and your new Dietitian's only advice is to eat more frozen dinners.
  • All day all you want to do is watch Season 3 of Dexter but have to file taxes and fill out the FAFSA form instead.
  • You bring 8th graders pizza and chicken wings and they still make fun of you.
  • You have two gigantic craters of zits on your face, yes they are bright red, and yes, they ARE noticeable.
  • You called your mom for support and she just told you all the things you should have done instead.
Well, I'm sure I could think of more, but I have to begrudgingly go to the store now to buy potatoes for dinner...

Peace.

11 comments:

lisalisa said...

sounds like a new dietitian is in order. And def some miralax. Eigth graders suck. Next time bring them day old bread.

:)

Caitlin said...

good luck with the potatoes - my suggestion is that you put a little water in the bottom of the pan (when baking the potatoes)- it keeps them more moist. and when i mean a little water, let's say about .5 cm. it'll help, I promise!

sorry it sounds like one of those weeks, or years - but it's January, life will get better.

Anonymous said...

Do you remember me? Can we be still be friends?

K said...

Asian Mike??!! From BYU??? How the heck did you stumble upon my blog? (And yes, we can be friends.)

Laundromat said...

Think positive and know that there are people out there who have it way worse than you. You're gonna look back on each of those and laugh later on.

kristin said...

:(

I'm so sorry things are really rough for you right now. Things will get better. Try to focus on any positives there may be and hang on to them to help you keep going.

I hope that things get better soon. Hang in there, okay? And take care!

lots of love and hugs, kristin

Eating With Others said...

We've got these potatoes that come pre-wrapped and washed, just in the microwave for 7 minutes and they come out perfect. I found a way to enjoy potatoes!

Good luck with yours

Anonymous said...

K-rizzle, how do I answer about "stumbling" on your blog without sounding like a stalker...I still keep in touch with a lot of old 4th Warders and some of them have links to your blog or you have left comments on their blogs. I also now have your social security number and one of your kidneys.

Nate St. Pierre said...

I used to read FML, and it's funny, but it's also hella depressing. Maybe check out GMH and see what you think...

http://www.givesmehope.com/

K said...

Thanks Nate. I've never heard of that. I'll check it out.

Anonymous said...

I don't have "positive" sites to share with you but if FML is making you feel even shittier, don't read it. It's supposed to be FUNNY. When it's not funny any more, you stop reading.