Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Discovery

As I was just writing a very emo e-mail to my therapist, I realized something:

I have something missing inside me. A part of me is gone or was never there in the first place. I don't know too much about it, but it's definitely missing. It's absence causes me pain and heartache. Because it's gone, I can not be comforted. I can't find solace in other people and I can't soothe myself. I need something, someone, to take care of me, but I'm left alone and helpless. I wonder, with this piece missing, can I ever be happy? Will the darkness ever fade into the morning sun? I honestly don't know if that is possible for me in my lifetime.

5 comments:

Eating With Others said...

HUG!! You can find it again, and get it back. Don't give up hope.

Stella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kristin said...

I believe in you, Kara. Don't give up.

Ruthie said...

Just want to let you know how wonderful it was to see you the other day. You are wonderful and I really am looking forward to getting together soon.

Heather said...

Kara, I know this totally sounds cliche, but the Lord can replace anything that might be missing. I understand that faith and hope are hard to have sometimes but He can fix anything or anyone that may be broken. You are in my prayers.