Friday, January 29, 2010

I Will Survive! Wait - Do I Have To?


The week has just gotten worse and worse from my last post. I feel like I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Today has been especially bad. The icing on the cake? I went to e-mail my roomies that I was having a hard time/mental breakdown (if they only knew how bad it really was, hah) and asked permission to do my designated cleaning chore by Sunday instead of by tomorrow -- but guess what? Instead of sending it to my roomies, I accidentally sent it to the freaking Board Director of my Volunteer Corps - who I a) have only met once and b) already don't like her. Nothing like getting hit when you are already down. Grumble. Grumble.

I'm going to have a terrible weekend too. The Volunteer Corps (that means me) are going on an intimate weekend retreat at a beach house with the Board (including the one I sent the e-mail to). FML. And yes, we are going to the beach in the dead of winter and it's supposed to snow. What are these people thinking???

Well, it's after 1am and I need to go to bed. I spent literally ALL DAY procrastinating applying for scholarships so I have to do that in the morning - they are due on Monday.

So goodnight, peeps.

PS - I also fired my dietitian today (adding to some of that breaking downage), but I don't have the mental/emotional energy to give you the juicy details tonight. Let's just leave it for now that she got my hopes up, dashed them, has a "holier than thou" attitude, and doesn't know as much as she thinks she does. More to come, I promise -- if I survive the winter beach retreat, that is.

6 comments:

Eating With Others said...

Sorry the beach will be cold. Sorry your feeling so bad right now. Feelings will not kill you, at least that's what my therapist say's so far she's been right but I'm still waiting on this one.

Big HUG. And yep email can bite you sometimes.

lisalisa said...

who goes to the beach in the winter???
Sorry about your misdirected email. It was painful just reading about it!
I hope you can find a new dietitian soon!

kristin said...

Awwww, Kara! I'm so sorry that things are so hard for you right now! That's no good. :( I wish I could give you a huge hug right now!

Hang in there! I know you can do it!

love and hugs,
kristin

Telstaar said...

Oh shoot :( that's definitely a sucky day. I don't want to give platitudes cause I know that really pisses me off when I'm already pissed off, but I do hope that the mis-send of the email actually works in your favour somehow.

Will be thinking of you as you go away.

*hugs*

Sarah Johnson said...

oooooh. it was painful just reading about that email mis-hap. painful i tell you! may this wintery beach weekend turn out better than expected... i hope it will..

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, that is indeed a bad week! Well, I hope the retreat ended up being OK. They're cray-cray for going to the beach in the middle of winter. Seriously, WTF?

Definitely want to know what really went down with the dietitian. Did you bitch slap her?