Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Cookies = Death


I'm surrounded by Christmas cookies - ahhhh!!  Every year, my mom makes a ton of sugar cookies in different shapes (angels, Christmas trees, santas, stars, you name it).  Then on Christmas Eve the whole family decorates them with frosting and sprinkles.  These are my favorite cookies of all time.  One cookie is a complete sugar high.  I always eat too many though, it's ridiculous.  Gross.  No more cookies for me.    

On December 29th me and my family are going to a tiny town (meaning less than 500 people) in Colorado for a week to visit some extended family.  I was hoping to have a job before then so that I would be "obligated" to stay home, but no such luck.  It is a major pain in the ass to get there: 5 hour flight + 5 hour car ride.  I'm not looking forward to it because I get super motion sick.  I just have to sit there looking straight ahead and breathing deeply.  It sucks.  I have to endure ten hours of that and that's just one way!  I'm not too thrilled about being in Colorado either.  I'm just not in the mood for a family vacation.  There is nothing to do there.  I'd rather stay home in a nice, warm bed, read a good book, and blog.  There better be internet access in this small town or I'm going to lose it.  Okay, sorry, I'll stop whining.  

I hope everyone is having a merry Christmas.  I love the holidays, but I can't wait for them to be over so I can go back to my regular eating regime. 

Merry Christmas!

    

3 comments:

PTC said...

Hey, Merry Christmas!!

You should buy some "sea bands" at a drug store. They might help with your motion sickness. I wore them on a cruise once. Check them out, not sure how they are with other means of transportation. You have to put them on a day before too, I think.

Jackie said...

Merry Christmas honey, hang in there. Maybe the little vacation could be a break from your "real" world? A chance to get away? Either way, I am thinking of you!!!

xoxo Jackie

kristin said...

Hang in there! You never know, maybe the vacation will be fun or at least tolerable. I hope that it is!

I feel the same way as you do regarding Christmas. I hope yours was a good one! :)

Take care!

-kristin