Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving


I survived Thanksgiving!  No major trauma.  We came close, but pulled through at the last second.  Woohoo!  Thanksgiving is my least favorite holiday by a loooong shot.  

Holiday that centers on gorging on food = Mucho anxiety for the girl recovering from ED 

My two younger brothers came home for the Thanksgiving and we all went up to New Jersey for the day to visit the extended fam.  We took our cute pouch, Hershey (see picture), along for her first roadtrip.  She loooves going in the car.  She has an adorable little carseat that she loves to sit in.  However, once we got to my aunt's house, Hershey had a M-E-L-T-D-O-W-N.  I think she thought that we were leaving her at this house.  It didn't help that my aunt's dog is so big it looks like a mule. I think Hershey was a wee bit intimidated.  Once she got settled in though, Crissy the mule dog and Hershey became best friends.  (Doggie best friends = sniffing each others privates.)  

I am still jobless, sigh.  Now that the holidays are here I think my chances of getting hired somewhere are getting slimmer and slimmer.  To pass the time and get more skillz, I've been taking computer classes.  I took an Excel class at the local community college in the beginning of the month and I just took an intermediate Word class last week.  There were only three peeps in the Word class.  I started talking to one of them and she said that her company is hiring and wants me to send her my resume.  Score!  She works at a healthcare reform organization so that sounds interesting.  As soon as I got home I e-mailed her my resume.  She's out of the office until Monday so hopefully she'll get it then and pass it on to her higher-ups. 

I think ED is interfering with my spirituality.  Generally, I would consider myself a very spiritual and religious person, but ED sometimes puts a damper on that.  ED makes me only care about losing weight and being thin, which makes me apathetic towards other things, and currently that includes my spirituality.  I tried to pray last night before I went to bed, but the only thing on my mind was what I had eaten that day.  I couldn't make myself focus on anything else.  So I gave up and went to bed, but I don't want to be doing that.  I don't want to be giving up.  I want my relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ to be the most important thing in my life, but right now it's not.  It takes a back burner to ED.  I need to figure out how to change that.          

3 comments:

Sadie said...

Just don't stop trying. Don't give up on what matters to you no matter how unfocused you get. Luckyly, the Lord knows the intentions of our hearts and understands what you are going through. He will patiently wait for you to focus. YOU.CAN.DO.IT.

Katherine said...

I love you!! Can't wait to chat tonight!

Jackie said...

Yay for surviving Thanksgiving - I know how tough it can be. Hang in there with the job search, something will come through honey! What are you thinking about law school? Anymore thoughts?

xoxo