Monday, December 14, 2009

The Blame Game

I've decided that my job is at least partly to blame for me not blogging as much. I work 8-9 hours a day, which for a lot of people is normal, but it is ultra taxing on me. I feel like because of my depression and ED, I'm carrying a giant backpack of rocks while I'm trying to do my job. I know that sounds like I'm making excuses, but as many of you know, it's really hard to go to get out of bed, much less go to work when you are depressed. I love aspects of my job, like engaging with the teenagers, but I hate the other stuff - paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. I swear non-profits funded by the government and other grants are required to have an ABSURD amount of paperwork and documentation. Anyway, so my job is partly to blame for me not blogging because when I get home I don't want to do anything (I'm just not unpacked and I moved into the house a month ago!). I just want to sit in front of the TV and zone out. I don't even watch my favorite TV shows anymore (House, SVU, Desperate Housewives) because they take too much concentration. Instead I turn to TLC and E! - the no brainer networks (not to say that they don't have quality viewing - yay for Chelsea Handler!).

Other news:

- Having Thursdays off was supposed to end last week (and I've been scared shitless about it), but I think it's going to continue indefinitely. But I'm having a meeting with my boss about it tomorrow.

- I'm going to start seeing a dietitian again - but a different one. I'm going to try doing exchanges. I've never tried this approach before so I hope it works - because I'm a touch out of control and tres sporadic.

Alright, I need your support to help get my blog going again! It really is therapeutic for me and I love your comments and your support. Consider me in the blogosphere once again!

4 comments:

Eating With Others said...

Well I missed you. And I know that deppresion and ED can make you feel so tired. Of course at my work I can assign the call's that come in to others and then spend time on my blog. Not fair but it works for me ;-D

The Closer is new tonight. You should watch that. She's funny.

lisalisa said...

yeah, I pretty much only watch movies I have already seen because watching a new one takes way too much mental effort :)

I have been watching "I didnt know I was pregnant" but it has caused me to be suspicious that I might be pregnant (which is not the case). So I have to take a break from that.

I hope it goes well with the new D. Keep us posted!

kristin said...

Welcome back! I'm sorry that things are so difficult with your job. I'm crossing my fingers about your meeting tomorrow and that it goes well!

Hang in there! You can do it! :)

now.is.now said...

Welcome back!

Glad to see you!