Thursday, June 18, 2009

New Apartment Pics. Round One: Bedroom

It took me 7 days, but I finally have my bedroom up and running.  Yay!  I tried to take photos that would all together give you a 360 degree look at my new bedroom so you could see how everything ties together.  I'm super excited about my new room - so if you don't like it, be quiet!  Hehe, just kidding.  :)  Here are the pics:  I absolutely LOVE my bed!!  The bed frame was donated to me by a very generous neighbor and then my parents helped me buy the mattress.  It's a pillowtop mattress.  I've never had one before, but it is uber comfy.  Please disregard my poor job at making the bed - I've always sucked at that.  I loathe making beds so this is probably one of the few times it will be made.  I wish I was a make-your-bed-everyday-person, but I'm just too lazy.   



This is an up close photo of my bedspread - isn't it sweet?  I got it today at Macy's because my mom lost the comforter that I used in college.  I know, how can one possibly lose a freaking comforter???  Long story.  The big circular designs on it are actually embroidered.  



I've had this wicker dresser for ages.  It was originally white, but last week my mom and I spray painted it bright purple - now that was an experience.  I love the way it turned out though.  


 
This photo is so you can see that the dresser is to the left of the bed.  Yep, those are fake flowers.   



This is the other side of my bedroom, on the right side of the bed.  I'd been wanting one of these circular chairs for y-e-a-r-s and I finally had the opportunity to get one.  It's lime green and it's the most comfortable chair of all time.  Gotta love Target.  The decorative blocks that spell out "hope" was made by moi in treatment.  A little weird, I know - I usually don't have things around that remind me of treatment, but I really like these blocks.  Hope is one of my favorite characteristics (Characteristics? Is that the word I'm looking for?  I don't know, but hopefully you get it).  The painting next to the hope blocks is of Venice canals and bridges, which I got while I was there last summer.  The dark wood armour (I think it's an armour) was my grandpa's and now it's been passed down to me.  I love it, but there is one weird thing about it.  There are no door knobs on it to open it (it was made that way).  You just have to strategically put your fingers in the cracks and try to pull it open.  


     
This photo is so you can see how the chair and the dark wood dresser are to the right of my bed.  Behind me in all these photos is the closet.  Not very interesting, so I didn't take a picture of it.  It's a huge closet and one of the doors is made of a full length mirror.  I love and hate that aspect.  

So that's my room!  I said that I took so many photos to give you a 360 degree view, but I was really just trigger happy.  I've never had such a bold and bright bedroom before, but it feels very comfortable and very me.  

Stay tuned for Round II!




15 comments:

now.is.now said...

I love, love, love the purple wicker, the comforter, the hope boxes, and the color scheme in general. Looks awesome!

Just Eat It! said...

I absolutely LOVE your dresser. If only I could get my mom to let me spray-paint mine... Your bedspread is really cute, too.

Caitlin said...

Yea! Yea! Yea! It looks great. The bright colors are so fun!Congratulations on getting settled - isn't that such a great feeling?

Thanks for putting put the photos. :)

PTC said...

Very, very cool!! I hope you're sleeping well in your new home!! (the uber comfy bed helps, I'm sure)

Wrapped up in Life said...

You are a great interior decorator :)

brie said...

LOVE.YOUR.COMFORTER.

you did a great job!!

Asherbie said...

Love the room... you've got a knack, girl! I love the bedspread best.

Telstaar said...

I love your room Kara! Super cool and well done :) Seriously. Its got a nice range of colours that aren't crazy but NICE and its so cosy and comfy and inviting, I like a alot

xoxo

Sadie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR ROOM! I want my own appartment now. How is the new place going? Any weirdnesses? Hope you are loving it! Miss you!

kristin said...

I love your bedroom! The bedspread is soooo beautiful! I have to go to Macy's when I go out to buy a new bedspread in July! :)

I'm glad you love your room. It is bright, happy, and colourful. :)

Take care! Enjoy yourself!

love, kristin

Anonymous said...

Well I already told you this talking to you on IM, but I don't want to be a blog jerk. You already know I love it!!

lisalisa said...

I love the dresser! And the chair, and the way the bedspread pulls it all together! Way cool!

Lisa and Jim said...

The bedspread is really cool! Plus spray-painting a large piece of furniture purple is a pretty ballsy decorating move. I wonder if my fiance would be cool with spray-painting our dining room table red ...

Krista said...

LOVE the bright colors. It's so cheery!

eden said...

looks great! i love the wood floor! it's beautiful.