Tuesday, June 9, 2009

GRE

I literally just walked in the door.  I've been crying for an hour straight.  You guessed it - I totally B-O-M-B-E-D the GRE.  This isn't just "Kara-the-perfectionist-didn't-quite-ace-it" -- this is outright horrible legitimate bombage.  I did worse than I ever have - even worse than before I started studying for the stupid thing. Ha!  What gives?  Here are the worst parts about this:

1. I actually thought I was doing okay while I was taking the test and had a shot at my goal score.  (Boy, was I WRONG!  Let's just leave it that I was close to 200 points off my goal -eek).

2. This is the ultimate worst: It's still not over.  I have to keep studying and cramming my brain so that I can take it again.  Ugh.  I wanted the stress to be done.  But I guess it's not meant to be...

GRE = Major SUCKAGE

Die GRE, Die!  

Now I'm going to go wallow in my misery and self-loathing while watching Season 8 of SVU.  Just bought it this morning - and it's a damn good thing I did - otherwise I'd have nothing to take my mind off things.  Maybe Olivia Benson can save me...  

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kara, I loveth you.

I doth thinketh that thee GRE blowseth! I'm trying to sound smart.

Good for you for taking the damn thing! I am so sorry you have to take it again. You know, I bet a LOT of people do. "The SAT on steroids" is what I've heard it referred to. YUCK.

Caitlin said...

Kara,

I'm SO SORRY! I was going to say that standardized tests are one of the worst ideas in the world and then say with the exception of ________, but too many other bad ideas came to mind. Regardless, they still suck. Whoever created them should be shot . . . they've caused way too much misery in this world.

I hope you enjoy SVU.

licketysplit said...

So sorry! I've recently started studying for the GRE again but don't know if I'll actually ever get the nerves to take it! So you're way ahead of me already. Don't give up!

Telstaar said...

Oh hunni, that sucks big time. I had to do this test called the GAMSAT three times and three times I JUST missed out on passing one damn section... don't give up hope but feel free to wallow for a little bit!!!

*huggles and compassion*

xoxo

PTC said...

I'm sorry, Kara. It's okay though. You crammed for that thing. Now you will know what to expect the 2nd time around. I keep failing my insurance test. It's boring as all hell so i fall asleep everytime I try and study. It's like a foreign language to me. I hope you got swept away with SVU.

lisalisa said...

I'm so so so sorry! That sucks big time! Boo testing!
My prescription: watch SVU, then go buy yourself something nice! I think Victoria's Secret is having their semi-annual sale. At least, they are in my neck of the woods....

((hugs))

Just Eat It! said...

Can you take it again? I myself am not a fan of standardized testing of any sort. Those tests are never a good indicator of intelligence.

K said...

Just Eat It - I am going to take it again. I just don't want to deal with it anymore - but I guess I have to now. Ugh.

Marilla said...

that sucks. part of how i managed to do halfway decently on my SAT/ACT was by not studying.

Sorry you're feeling so crappy about it. standardized tests suck so much.

kristin said...

I am so so sorry Kara! The GRE is a really difficult test. I know you bombed it, but I'm pretty sure a lot of people do on their first try. I mean, how many people pass the bar or CPA exams the first time around? Hang in there. Now you know what to expect!

Keep on trying. I'm glad you have SVU to take your mind off of things! Yeah!

Take care.

love, kristin

Asherbie said...

Bummed about the sad news, babe. BUT dust yourself off and do it again! I had to take the freakin SAT 3 times ... good luck and hang in there!

Jackie said...

Honey the same thing happened with me and the LSAT - I had to take it twice. You will be okay, you can do it. Think of this one as your practice run - you know what to expect now. You are brilliant.