Friday, June 5, 2009

I Can't Wait

It's 3:15am and I can't sleep.  I wen to bed early around 9:30pm, but whenever I go to bed that early I tend to wake up for long extended periods of time in the middle of the night.  Oh well.  I went to bed so early because I just didn't want to deal with anything anymore -- and I was freaking tired.  

I did want to update you all from my last post.  Last post was definitely a Debbie Downer, but I'm feeling slightly better.  Telstaar mentioned in a comment that it made sense that my eating disorder was acting up so much because of all the things I have going on in my life right now with the GRE and moving, etc.  I'm so glad that Telstaar made that comment because that never occurred to me, but I feel like she hit the nail on the head.  Thanks, Telstaar.  And thank you everyone else for your supportive comments.  You all are so good to me.  :) 

I've just been feeling so out of control with food lately.  I want to be losing weight, but I just keep G-A-I-N-I-N-G.  Gaining, gaining, gaining, gaining.  Blargh.  Dr. K says I'm gaining weight because I want to lose weight so badly and it keeps backfiring.  You know, the whole restricting/bingeing cycle.  I'm a pro.  Ha.  I really really really want to stop bingeing, it just that it sounds like such a good idea at the time that it's hard to resist.  And I think I've let my guard down because I've feeling so hopeless and like I want to throw in the towel.  I need to start fighting ED.  I can't wait on this.  

Before I sign off, I have some random, exciting news: I bought a mattress for my new apartment.  It's a pillowtop and it is great.  My neighbors are donating a bed frame so all I needed was a mattress and box spring.  The apartment is getting professionally cleaned on Monday, which I am soooo excited about.  Since that's on Monday and I have the GRE on Tuesday (eeeeek!), it looks like I'm going to start moving in on Wednesday of next week.  Three words: I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!  

4 comments:

Telstaar said...

WHOO HOO!!!

Oooh I got a new pillow top mattress about 2 months ago and it's awesome :) Great investment you made... if I do say so myself, which I do :D.

You can do it hun! Ups and downs and alll the bits that come in between. We'll be here cheering you on :).

Hope you slept okay in the end.

*hugs*

Love Telly xo

lisalisa said...

sleeping on a new, comfy mattress is such a delicious feeling! I love it!
Keep fighting- maybe shift the focus to being healthy overall and taking care of your body, rather than losing weight. Then you might lose weight naturally. I don't know its just a thought, now that i read it it sound lame. Mostly i just wish i could say something to help :) i'm thinking of you :)

kristin said...

Yeah! It must be so exciting to be moving out! And a nice comfy mattress? Perfect! It sounds like this moving thing is going to be so great for you.

Keep hanging in there. I understand and feel your weight frustrations. Just keep trying to remind yourself that everything will be okay and work out.

Take care.

love, kristin

PTC said...

Yum...a comfy bed!!! How exciting.